python/pyGtk : How to generate a keyboard interrupt?

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Wed May 5 06:41:09 EDT 2004

ahk wrote:

> Yup..
> Sorry that I didnt phrase my query more clearly.  Is it possible to
> generate all those raw keystrokes w/o actually typing on the keyboard?
>  Perhaps write to some keyboard buffer or something??? TIA

In many GUI frameworks there is some way to "post" or "pump"
generated events into the event handling system.  Then one can
create event objects which are the same as the events used to
represent keystrokes, and the framework and application may
not be able to tell the difference.

Not sure if PyGTK can do this or, if so, how.

-Peter