Prothon gets Major Facelift in Vers 0.1.0 [Prothon]

moma moma at example.net
Sun May 23 05:24:35 EDT 2004

simo wrote:
> One thing that might attract me from Python to Prothon is if it had
> proper private medthods - i.e. not just name mangling like __myDef
> which can be overridden using _myClass__myDef (as the interpreter
> does).
>
> Proper encapsulation is needed before the C++ brigade will take
> P[y/ro]thon seriously as an OO language, oh and a machinecode compiler
> ;-)

PROthon should implement {...} as optional block-beg and end marks.

# Original PROthon code  (uses indentation)
def abc(_x):
      if _x ...:
         do_1()
	do_2()
      do_3()

Could become

#!/usr/bin/pROthon
#pragma(C_STYLE_BLOCK=1)    # <- Valid within this file/module scope

def abc(_x):
{
   if _x ...:
   {
     do_1()
     do_2()
   }
   do_3()
}

The lack of "class" type and direct creation and use of objects is very
handy for "Prototype-based Programming" (that's PROthon)

Who said OO-programming must have a class type ?

// moma
    http:/www.futuredesktop.org