Tkinter on way out? (was: Newbe-books)

Cameron Laird claird at lairds.com
Fri May 7 12:52:15 EDT 2004

In article <c7gaa1$jll$1 at srv38.cas.org>,  <lvirden at yahoo.com> wrote:
			.
>:the last eight years.  The ... prematurity of these claims in
>:the past makes me hesitate to write Tkinter off now.
>
>Sorry - I hit the wrong button.  I guess I misunderstood mxPython -
>I thought it was designed around a specific toolkit.  Does it
>provide kde and gnome desktop compatibility?  If not, then it
>seems strange that pythonians would move from one non-standard
>library to another.
			.
			.
			.
I don't know what "kde and gnome desktop compatibility" means.
I'm unconvinced the KDEers and GNOMEans do, though I'm willing
to learn.  I find it exceptionally difficult to think of *any*
GUI toolkit as "standard", without considerable qualification.

The wxPythoneers are a good group.  From all I know, Tkinter
remains more broadly portable than wxPython.
--

Cameron Laird <claird at phaseit.net>
Business:  http://www.Phaseit.net