Some Newbie Questions

Leopold Schwinger leoel at gmx.at
Wed May 26 06:56:21 EDT 2004

Hello!

I am a really newbie to python, and I have some questions. I couldn't
find anything in the manual, so it would be nice if you could help me.

(1) Is there any operator in Python in order to call a Member-Function
from a class without creating an instance of the class? (In C++ and PHP
there ist this operator "::" <class>::<memberfunction>)

(2) Is there any way to dynamically import modules, where the name of
the module is not known during implementation but can be defined durch
scipt execution? Think of lots of different config-Files, which differ
by Path & Name but the variables are all named equal, and i want to
import a special config-File during the execution of the script.

(3) Is there any way to obtain a kind of "trace"-Info (the actual
filename and codeline) in order to provide some debug-Info in the case
of errors (In C++ and PHP there are these "__line__" and "__file__"
functions, For Python I have only found <Class>.__dict__ and dir(<Class>))

Thank you very much,
Leo