Python security settings

Haim Ashkenazi haim at babysnakes.org
Tue May 11 17:48:28 EDT 2004

Laughlin, Joseph V wrote:

> import SimpleXMLRPCServer
> rpc_server = SimpleXMLRPCServer.SimpleXMLRPCServer(("localhost", 3010))
> print "XMLRPC Server started!"
> rpc_server.serve_forever()
>
> When I run this program, I can connect to port 3010 on the localhost,
> but I can't connect to the port from any other machine (or from the
> local machine using the machine's hostname).  Why is this?
well, I'm a python newbie but it seems that you opened the socket on
'localhost' which has IP "127.0.0.1". other machines can't connect to this
IP (they will connect to themself). there must be a way to open the socket
on all local interfaces (and if not, specify the one that you will be
using).

> Joe Laughlin
> Phantom Works - Integrated Technology Development Labs
> The Boeing Company

Bye
--
Haim