Pyrex - The speed of Python with the clarity of C?

SeeBelow at SeeBelow.Nut SeeBelow at SeeBelow.Nut
Fri May 21 12:20:06 EDT 2004

I just read "about Pyrex" at
http://www.cosc.canterbury.ac.nz/~greg/python/Pyrex/version/Doc/About.html

It seems that it is not compiled into machine code, as C would be, and
therefore it does not offer the only valid reason for using C, which is
for an increase in execution speed.  The word "speed" does not appear on
the above web page.

Am I wrong about this?  Perhaps I don't understand how Pyrex works.

At ANNEvolve we are beginning to use Python, and we are learning how to
call C functions, which is a requirement for us, because neuroevolution
code often must run for many hours, even when it is pure C.

Mitchell Timin

--
"Many are stubborn in pursuit of the path they have chosen, few in
pursuit of the goal." - Friedrich Nietzsche

http://annevolve.sourceforge.net is what I'm into nowadays.
Humans may write to me at this address: zenguy at shaw dot ca