perl to python

Josh Gilbert usr at bin.com
Sun May 16 05:34:24 EDT 2004

It's in the python man page:

       -u     Force  stdin,  stdout  and  stderr to be totally unbuffered.
On systems where it matters, also put stdin, stdout and  stderr  in binary
mode.   Note  that there is internal buffering in xread-lines(),
readlines() and file-object  iterators  ("for  line  in sys.stdin")  which
is  not  influenced by this option.  To work around this, you will want to
use "sys.stdin.readline()"  inside a "while 1:" loop.

When I use sys.stdin.readline I don't need to use to -u flag.

You can also use raw_input() to get data from stdin. This also appears to
strip out the newline.

        Josh Gilbert.