Newbe-books

asdf sdf asdf at asdf.com
Sun May 2 14:39:44 EDT 2004

> Ditto.  I learned from the tutorial and DejaNews.  I bought _Programming
> Python_, because I liked _Programming Perl_ so much, but I haven't had
> much use for it.  I'm evaluating _Learning Python_ as a training aid.
> It's not bad, so far.  I'll probably give it to our next hire.

followup on my previous comment.  in Learning Python, Lutz discusses
Tkinter at some length.  This is understandable for historical reasons,
but wxPython would be the better choice.

If LP had a couple of pages on threads and a useful discussion of
wxPython, then Learning Python would totally rock!  The sun is setting
on Tkinter.)

(are you out there, Mark?  an idea for the third edition?)