NIC adress of incoming socket.

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Sat May 15 08:21:48 EDT 2004

RosalieM wrote:

>  I saw in dhcpd config for bootp that you give the adress of the nic. How
> can i be sure that in my lan it is the right computer (my dhcp server) that
> answers to my client and not another compromised machine ? Can i ask python
> some information from ethernet level in an ip connection?

Basically, no.  Use external utilities to solve whatever the
problem is.  I'd suggest that if you might have compromised
machines on your own LAN which are answering in place of your
real DHCP server, you have rather big problems to solve, and
you'd be best involving a network administrator with a good
understanding of security issues.

-Peter