Newbe-books

Cameron Laird claird at lairds.com
Wed May 5 08:09:55 EDT 2004

In article <0ktjm1-d3q.ln1 at home.rogerbinns.com>,
Roger Binns <rogerb at rogerbinns.com> wrote:
>Adelein and Jeremy wrote:
>> some other language(s). What you do not need (if my thinking is
>> correct) is a book about programming using Python. Unfortunately, I
>> doubt that such a book exists
>
>The Python Cookbook published by O'Reilly is a very good example
>of such a book.  It has something like 200 "recipes" in many
>different areas.  All of the recipes are solving a real problem,
>and in doing so teach you what is Pythonic, what is available
>in the standard library and many good (and some bad) practises.
>You can see the complete list at
>http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/pythoncook/toc.html
>
>Roger

As fond as I am of the Cookbook <URL:
http://www.unixreview.com/documents/s=7750/uni1041364857773/ >
when *I* read "Adelein and Jeremy"'s description of "a
straight-forward tour through each of Python's features",
I thought of David Beazley's *Python Essential Reference*
--

Cameron Laird <claird at phaseit.net>
Business:  http://www.Phaseit.net