Python job opening at GPO in Washington, DC

Nick Vargish nav+posts at bandersnatch.org
Fri May 7 10:25:00 EDT 2004

I've been way behind on reading this newsgroup, but I see someone
noticed the posting for someone who will be my co-worker and partner
in advocacy...

steve at ferg.org (Stephen Ferg) writes:

> I just saw this opening posted.  It is a Federal government position
> (GS-13) at the Government Printing Office, Washington, DC, right
> across the street from where I work.

We just got to interviewing for this position (government schedule,
obviously) and there were very few applicants with real-world Python
experience. Maybe I should have campaigned more heavily on this
newsgroup.

I've been working to get Python accepted here at GPO, my main
arguments have been maintainability, portability, and developer
productivity.

Nick

--
#  sigmask  ||  0.2  ||  20030107  ||  public domain  ||  feed this to a python
print reduce(lambda x,y:x+chr(ord(y)-1),' Ojdl!Wbshjti!=obwAcboefstobudi/psh?')