Printing formatted strings from a dictionary

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Fri May 21 14:23:58 EDT 2004

"Peter Abel" <PeterAbel at gmx.net> wrote in message
news:21064255.0405201224.77a7574f at posting.google.com...
> '2'
> I even would not have believed that this kind of formatting would work.
> But the more I think about it the more it becomes consequential and
logical.

>From Lib Ref 2.3.6.2. String Formatting ...

  Mapping key (optional), consisting of a parenthesised sequence of
characters (for example, somename)).

Examples generally use names for the char sequence, but restricting the
sequence to a name would require more work for less functionality.  Since %
works with unicode as well as byte strings, one can, I presume, interpolate
with unicode keys as well.

Terry J. Reedy