Python job opening at GPO in Washington, DC

William Park opengeometry at yahoo.ca
Mon May 10 13:22:26 EDT 2004

Nick Vargish <nav+posts at bandersnatch.org> wrote:
> Nonetheless, my boss is actually very interested in Python, because
> he's interested in building sustainable systems. He's spent enough
> time nursing along proprietary systems that have become both
> entrenched and orphaned that he's sick and tired of it.

Ahh, but those complaints are not really complaint.  They are job
security for your coworkers and the boss who manages them.  Pretty soon,
you would be labelled as "not a team player" by your coworkers and
"trouble maker" by your union rep. :-)

I wish you good luck.  It's shame that they don't use LaTeX or shell
scripts.

--
William Park, Open Geometry Consulting, <opengeometry at yahoo.ca>
Linux solution/training/migration, Thin-client