Web testing framework?

Matt Goodall matt at pollenation.net
Mon May 17 19:21:53 EDT 2004

On Mon, 2004-05-17 at 20:23, Robb Shecter wrote:
> Anybody know about a Python library for testing websites?  I'm
> thinking of something like a scriptable browser, where you could tell
> it to browse to a certain URL, check for the existence of certain text
> in a page, follow a certain link, etc.

You should look at Python Browsing Probe, <http://pbp.berlios.de/>. It's
a fairly new project but it sounds like it already does exactly what you
want, and more. From the website:

        "PBP is a web test tool based on John J. Lee's mechanize. It
        exposes the browser functionality at the level of a shell-like
        interpreter so that testers can quickly write tests in a simple
        language designed specifically for that purpose. Anyone familiar
        with a command line should be able to write test scripts for
        even the most complex web applications with PBP."

Cheers, Matt

--
Matt Goodall, Pollenation Internet Ltd
w: http://www.pollenation.net
e: matt at pollenation.net

Any views expressed are my own and do not necessarily reflect
the views of my employer.