RELEASED Python 2.3.4, release candidate 1

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Sat May 15 09:24:39 EDT 2004

In article <40a60334$0$65124$e4fe514c at news.xs4all.nl>,
Irmen de Jong  <irmen at -nospam-remove-this-xs4all.nl> wrote:
>Aahz wrote:
>>Irmen deleted his own attribution:
>>>
>>>SimpleHTTPServer reports a wrong content-length of text files on
>>>windows The bug is still there in this release. Any change of getting
>>>my patch applied?
>>
>> Not at this point, sorry.  It's generally assumed that people who care
>> about the progress of release schedules are subscribed to python-dev;
>> perhaps that assumption should be challenged.
>
>Pardon my ignorance, but why is it that currently on python-dev there
>are talks about including new modules into the standard lib for 2.4
>(such as cookielib), while relatively trivial patches to existing modules
>are no longer taken into account for 2.4?

2.4 has plenty of time for patches to get accepted.  There will be at
least a month after the first published alpha before a release candidate
gets created.  I'm confused now because this thread has been about
2.3.4, which is a relatively low-effort bugfix release.

Adopt A Process -- stop killing all your children!