Growing database?

Jonathon McKitrick jcm at FreeBSD-uk.eu.org
Tue May 4 08:32:44 EDT 2004

This might be a silly question, so I'm warning you ahead of time.

I have a persistence database that is saving a 'month' object out with its
data.  A single month pickled is about 50k.  My database of shelved objects
contains 4 months of data is over 3 megs.  Does the db object journal, or do
some other recordkeeping that could explain the huge size difference between
pickling to a file and pickling to a 'shelve'?

jm
--
My other computer is your Windows box.