CreateProcess / redirect output

Achim Domma domma at procoders.net
Fri May 28 08:19:00 EDT 2004

"Richie Hindle" <richie at entrian.com> wrote in message
news:mailman.402.1085738565.6949.python-list at python.org...

> Unless you have a specific reason for using CreateProcess, you can use
> os.popen*() - see http://www.python.org/doc/current/lib/os-newstreams.html

The code is part of a COM object which is used in an ASP page. Using popen I
get the following error:

[Errno 5] Access is denied: 'C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\cmd.exe /c
path_to\\ExtractingDummy.exe "path_to\\some_dummy.doc"'

The IUSER has the required rights on all these files. Don't know how to
solve that.

> If you really do need to use CreateProcess, this might help:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dllproc/bas
e/creating_a_child_process_with_redirected_input_and_output.asp

That looks like the info I was looking for. Thanks!

Achim