Making items visible in wxPython wxListCtrl

Piet pit.grinja at gmx.de
Tue May 18 16:08:46 EDT 2004

Hi there.
I am trying to display tabular data in a wxListCtrl. What I get from
the script below are only the headers, not the items themselves. The
documentation didn´t help me much; instead I was lost in ListItemId´s
and different possibilities of inserting items and strings. I am sure
the solution is only one step away, but I need somebody to point in
the direction. Heres the script:

from wxPython.wx import *
class MainWindow(wxFrame):
    def __init__(self,parent,id,title):
        wxFrame.__init__(self,parent,-1, title,
style=wxDEFAULT_FRAME_STYLE)
        self.panel = wxPanel(self,-1)
        self.Lctrl = wxListCtrl(self.panel,-1,size=(200,200),style =
wxLC_REPORT)
        for i in range(2):
            self.Lctrl.InsertColumn(i,"Column"+str(i),format=wxLIST_FORMAT_LEFT,width=100)
            self.Lctrl.SetStringItem(i,1,"Hi")
            self.Lctrl.SetStringItem(i,2,"there")
            self.Lctrl.SetItemData(i,1)

app = wxPySimpleApp()
frame = MainWindow(None, -1, "List Control Test")
frame.Show(1)
app.MainLoop()

Best regards

Peter