Test error with Python 2.3.4c1

Richard Townsend nospam at here.com
Sun May 16 04:14:33 EDT 2004

> self.getLineNumber() is None if I check using pdb, but what
> disconcerts me is the
>
>   File
"/usr/local/lib/python2.3/site-packages/_xmlplus/sax/_exceptions.py", line
94, in __str__

> line. Why is sax taken from the installed version instead of the
> 2.3.4c1 version.

I raised a bug report (864379) back in December or a similar problem with
2.3.3 on HP-UX - except there it caused a core dump.

I too was surprised that it was accessing code in the current installation.

The last response to the bug report suggested an incompatibility with
PyXML-0.8.3, but since then there have been no further responses.