images in tkinter

Elaine Jackson elainejackson7355 at home.com
Thu May 13 19:21:19 EDT 2004

Hi! I'm working on a script that displays images on Tkinter buttons, and I'd
like to be able to do the following things:

1) Ensure that a button, whose 'image' attribute changes during execution of the
script, stays the same size, but does not crop images that are larger than a
predefined 'height' and 'width'.

2) Get the respective names and file-types of all of the image files in a given
directory. (What I'm doing provisionally is reading the names out of a text file
written specifically for that purpose, and so far they're all gif's, but I'd
like to have more flexibility than that.)

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Peace