Solving the Einstein's Riddle in Python

Juha Haataja juha.haataja at csc.no-spam.fi
Tue May 25 02:05:53 EDT 2004

In article <e964b0l696ckrualppug2dg46vnb043vlq at 4ax.com>,
 Christos "TZOTZIOY" Georgiou <tzot at sil-tec.gr> wrote:

>> Perhaps you would like to take a look at my take on that at
> http://www.sil-tec.gr/~tzot/python/ (check for the logic_puzzle.py).  It
> seems that it's slower than your version, but it's generic (ie you can
> describe similar combinatorial puzzles with an easy custom language).  I
> have a couple of links in that page for the text files...

Thanks for this pointer. I did try googling for Python
code for solving this problem, but for some reason
missed your site. Your solution is really nice,
a general way of coding the problem in Python.

- JuHa

PS. I added some documentation and little tweaks
to my Python code at

  http://www.csc.fi/oppaat/f95/python/talot_oo.py