Smalles Possible Browser to display python cgi program

matthiasjanes matthiasjanes at gmx.net
Sun May 16 12:00:58 EDT 2004

JanC <usenet_spam at janc.invalid> wrote in message news:<Xns94EA3E51A6F9FJanC at 213.118.38.102>...
> matthiasjanes at gmx.net (matthiasjanes) schreef:
>
> > I would like to know what would be the smalles possible WebBrowser for
> > displaying Python CGI application.
> >
> > I developed a few small application with an WebInterface.
> >
> > The appplication runs just locally.
> >
> > I use CGIHTTPServer.py Module as a small webserver and Mozilla
> > Firebird as Browser.
> >
> > Does anyone know of a very small browser which I can directly
> > integrate.
> >
> > Just the very minimum for this purbose, no bookmarks, no tools, no
> > javascript, no flash ......
> >
> > just displaying frames, html, forms, python cgi files and images.
>
> For Windows there is OffByOne: <http://www.offbyone.com/>
> Only 450 KiB if you don't need SSL support.

Thanks so far to everyone - I forgot to mention that surly I need it
crossplatform at least Ms-Windows and Linux compatible.

maybe some more explanations: My application is an python database
(pysqlite) financial report software, I use the at the moment just
python cgi scripts to access and display all. (no javascript at all)
I use the CGIHTTPServer.py Module as a small webserver and Mozilla
Firebird as Browser. I would like to intigrate with the app also the
Webbrowser - as small as possibly. I use frames.

I might give wxHTML a try or maybe find a downgraded Firebird Browser.

Thanks so far and if anyone has still some more ideas - happily
welcomed.

Matthias Janes