Real-time graphs

Jim Benson jbenson at sextans.lowell.edu
Fri May 14 12:07:17 EDT 2004

On Thu, 13 May 2004, snrkiwi-lists wrote:

> seems only a couple of possibilities stand out.
>
> - VPython
> - matplotlib
>

> Does anyone have any direct experience with either of these inside of
> wxPython? It appears that matplotlib will directly work with wxPython,

Hi,

  I started using matplotlib with wxPython a few months ago.
I started from the very nice example from Jeremy O'Donoghue:

http://matplotlib.sourceforge.net/examples/embedding_in_wx.py

The package that i'm writing that uses this combination doesn't
do real-time plots but rather provides plots for analysis of our
data. I am very happy with the combination wxPython<->matplotlib.
Another perk is that both the wxPython and matplotlib newsgroups
are very active...either other users or the authors themselves respond
very quickly to questions etc.

my $0.02

Jim