Tree control with TKinter

Eric Brunel eric_brunel at despammed.com
Wed May 19 03:54:44 EDT 2004

Marco Terzuoli wrote:
> Hi,
> I would like to implement a tree control inside a Python application. It
> should be similar to GTK's TreeStore widget, but I need it for TKinter.
> Any ideas?
> thanks
> Marco

There is a tree widget in IDLE, which is part of all Python distribution. With
Python 2.1, it's located under Tools/idle in the Python installation directory
and is named TreeWidget.py. AFAIK, there's no documentation for it, but it is
quite easy to use and also includes an example application.

There are many others alternatives around; Google is your friend.

HTH