Is WeakValueDictionary thread-safe?

Luke luked at xplantechnology.com
Tue May 18 23:07:30 EDT 2004

Hi,

Is weakref.WeakValueDictionary supposed to be thread-safe?

This small example script (attached) uses two threads to add and remove
items from a WeakValueDictionary.  It is giving me a number of error
messages on stderr (with 2.3.3 & 2.3.4rc1) which look like this:

   Exception exceptions.KeyError: 'bar' in <function remove at
0x4017372c> ignored

Should this work without printing these errors, or have I misunderstood?
  I just wanted to check with this newsgroup before filing a bug...

Thanks,
Luke.