improving the Python docs -- a wiki? copy PHP's model?

Roger Binns rogerb at rogerbinns.com
Wed May 5 19:45:29 EDT 2004

Michael Geary wrote:
> Asking for patches and comments via Sourceforge is nowhere near as effective
> as having a comment box right on the doc page. Someone has to be really
> motivated to take the trouble to go to SF to submit a comment.

Not only that, there is a many month if not year lead time between supplying
information via SF and actually having the results available (the next release
of Python).

The PHP docs give instant gratification.  I know I am significantly less
likely to contribute to projects the longer the lead time between me making
a contribution and the results being available.

Roger