Unification of Methods and Functions

Greg Ewing greg at cosc.canterbury.ac.nz
Sun May 23 21:59:55 EDT 2004

David MacQuigg wrote:
> Given the goals of the level one and two examples ( cover all the
> basic features in two simple examples ) I think any example will be
> contrived.

But I don't think you should be trying to cover all the
features of OOP before showing any real examples. That
approach seems almost guaranteed to lose people's interest,
the way you criticised supplier-part examples for.

Wouldn't it be better to do things the other way around?
Pick some (simplified if need be) examples based on
real-world problems, and, one by one, show how the
features of OOP can be used to solve them.

--
Greg Ewing, Computer Science Dept,
University of Canterbury,