programming video manipulation

Ian ian.tospamnot at sympatico.ca
Fri May 28 12:58:44 EDT 2004

On Tue, 25 May 2004 15:15:39 -0400, Olivia Robinson <robino at rpi.edu>
wrote:

>I have been investigating Python as an alternative to using
>MAX/MSP/Jitter to program the collection of information from the
>sensors and the resulting video manipulation.  I have not been able to
>find information about manipulating video with Python, or collecting

Hi Olivia,

I don't have answers for all your questions, but you may be interested
in this project:

http://aid.interaccess.org/drupal/

We are developing a standard microcontroller module for use by
artists, and have developed Python interfaces for it.  We've also used
Director and Pure Data (similar to Max I understand).  Currently the
module uses a serial interface, we use usb-to-serial adapters.  We
have an experimental usb board interface and will be implementing usb
support for our Python module.  All source will be available on our
site, as well as recipes for software and hardware configuration.
There are a variety of hardware interface modules available for the
board.

By the way you can build your own board from the info on our site,
or soon buy finished boards as well.  We don't have any direct support
for video at the moment, but that should change soon.

Ian