alternatives to making blocks like { } or other ??

Andrei Smirnov asmirnov1234567890 at yahoo.com
Thu May 20 10:16:01 EDT 2004

"Paul McGuire" <ptmcg at austin.rr._bogus_.com> wrote in message news:<sjDqc.108220$NR5.92596 at fe1.texas.rr.com>...
> "Grant Edwards" <grante at visi.com> wrote in message
> news:slrncalqqf.8f2.grante at grante.rivatek.com...

> > > Thank you.
> >
> > You realize that was a joke, right?

Joke? On my previous job my boss included smthng like that to local
code standard. everybody were supposed to do that.

if python would have compatibility mode for braces, please...

otherwise perl is everywhere because of braces and most people were taking
classes in C or Java or C++. that the only reason besides people like dollar
signs :)

i do really suffer. i have to use Perl and i know that i have no chance
to convince my new boss (very smart guy) to switch to Python because of
braces. that means wasted time on debugging perl crap code and listening
about Perl 6 future might.

Please, Python writers, do provide braces as compatibility mode.

Give the chance to the world!

Andrei