improving the Python docs -- a wiki? copy PHP's model?

Paul Rubin http
Thu May 6 02:06:45 EDT 2004

Andrew Bennetts <andrew-pythonlist at puzzling.org> writes:
> comp.lang.python is also a place where you can already most likely
> find advice on pretty much any un- or under-documented standard
> library module, if you check the archives.  So even here we have
> everything the PHP docs do.

Is that a joke?  Yes, you can sometimes find useful info on Python
topics through Google searches of newsgroup archives, but to say
that's equivalent to PHP's making all the relevant info visible right
there on the doc page for the function you're interested in is
ridiculous.  Python users have many good reasons to like Python, but
sometimes they seem to be in denial about areas that could use
improvement.