Needed: Python IDE for the visually impaired

Michael Chermside mcherm at mcherm.com
Thu May 6 13:07:04 EDT 2004

I received a request from John Guildford, asking whether there is
an IDE available for Python development which will work with
Window-Eyes, Jaws, or other common screen readers. Unfortunately,
IDLE will not work (presumably because the TK widgets are not
standard windows widgets).

Does anyone have a suggestion about IDEs to use in this
circumstance? Advice from other developers with visual impairments
would be particularly welcome. In addition to responding to the
list, could you please CC John at "jglists at ntlworld.com".

-- Michael Chermside

----- John's original email -----