pdf2txt

Steve Holden sholden at holdenweb.com
Fri May 28 07:51:41 EDT 2004

LB wrote:
>>I know that a txt2pdf exists, was checking to see if the opposite would
>>as well.
>

> I'm sure that from Acrobat you can save a .pdf as .rtf (that is text...).
> Then it will be easy to do anything on it.
> I remember  also some utilities to "pdf2txt", try a search on google.
>
> LB

Unfortunately the text you get from Acrobat, or most other
transformations on PDF, won't guarantee any particular order of the
elements. This will make pasing difficult, but if all your documents are
similar you may get enough similarity from a text (not, IIRC, rich text)
file from Acrobat.

For extra marks you can use Acrobat's automation interfaces to actually
convert the PDFs. Good luck!

regards
  Steve