Can I use dist-utils to install a sub-package?

Christopher Barker Chris.Barker at noaa.gov
Thu May 13 14:21:30 EDT 2004

HI all,

I'd like to be able to use distutils to install a package within the
wxPython package:

wx.lib.MyPackage

I want to be able to do this so folks can upgrade a package of mine that
is in the wxPython library, without changing it's location.

In looking through the distutils docs, it looks like I cannot specify a
sub-package location for my package, It will only put it in
site-packages, not site-packages.wx.lib

Is there a way to do this?

thanks,
-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov