Server/OS/Dev environment

PF peufeu at free.fr
Thu May 27 14:07:23 EDT 2004

	I have started with SkunkWeb and it's incredibly powerful.
	The template language is great, it has a lot of useful modules, and it
doesn't get in the way when I want to use other packages. The way it cuts
things in components and modules makes it really easy to reuse your code
bits.
	Plus, it's very very fast. My PC generates 200 KB of html in about 60
milliseconds, all of it being dynamic.
	On the downside, documentation is scarce, but what there is is well done.

	Zope is impossible to use.

	MySQL kinda sucks. No transactions... what can you do with a database
with no transactions... no foreign keys... no integrity constraints... no
"insert or update"... it has AMATEUR written all over it... I like
postgresql much better. plsql sucks but stored procedures are faster than
making a pile of requests.

	Anyway, have fun !