py2exe setup script problem

Philipp Kruse spam at pky2k.de
Mon May 24 13:00:02 EDT 2004

From: Larry Bates
Date: 24.05.2004 17:37

> What do you expect to happen?  If program creates
> output, you need a console window to display it
> (unless you use GUI interface).  Without console
> output has no where to go.  I actually use this
> to my advantage on some lights-out applications
> that write all their output to log files.

I _do_ use a GUI interface. Let me be more precise as I obviously failed
to clear up some things.

If I use the console = [] attribute, the console window is created and
the GUI is started as intended, just as when I execute the .py-File.

However, using windows = [], doesn't show any signs of a running
programm other than the process running in the task-list which I have to
shut down manually.

HTH
Philipp