How to get Hostname using SimpleXMLRPCServer

Brian Quinlan brian at sweetapp.com
Thu May 6 09:44:49 EDT 2004

Golawala, Moiz M (GE Infrastructure) wrote:
> I have multiple xmlrpc clients talking to my  SimpleXMLRPCServer. When a method
> on my server is invoked, I would like to know the hostname of the client that
 > has invoked the method. Does anybody know how to get the client host
name from
 > the xmlrpc request call to the SimpleXMLRPCServer. Any help is
> appreciated.

Sorry I don't have time to actually write any example code for you, but
you might want to look at the BaseHTTPServer documentation.
SimpleXMLRPCRequestHandler is a subclass of
BaseHTTPServer.BaseHTTPRequestHandler, which has a client_address
instance variable and an address_string() method.

Let me know if you need any other help (and sorry for ignoring your post
yesterday).

Cheers,
Brian