RELEASED Python 2.3.4, release candidate 1

Irmen de Jong irmen at -nospam-remove-this-xs4all.nl
Thu May 13 15:46:24 EDT 2004

Martin v. Löwis wrote:

> Patches have a larger chance to get included if they are reviewed.
> For the last few years, we have been short of reviewers, so patches
> have little chance to get included, period.

Fair enough.

> If any submitter
> of a patch would review 10 other patches, there would be no backlog.

Would it be an idea to 'announce' this on the newsgroup, a certain
period before releasing a new Python version? Like for instance:
"There are at least N patches in need of reviews. Please review the
patches to improve their chance of getting included in the next
python version, due in X weeks".... to bring it to people's attention?
Just an idea.

In the meantime, I'll see what I can do :-)

Regards,

Irmen de Jong.