Problem with uudecode

Juho Saarikko sorry at but.no.spam
Tue May 25 19:15:20 EDT 2004

On Tue, 25 May 2004 18:54:44 -0400, Steve Holden wrote:

> I note that you are dumping words rather than bytes. Is it possible that
>          the last byte isn't actually a part of the file, that
> endianness makes the last byte look like the penultimate byte, and that
> what you are seeing is simply noise?

Well, ImageMagick complains that the image contains errors (altought
Eye of Gnome shows it with no artifacts), so it's likely to be part of the
file itself.

I get both

"display: Premature end of JPEG file"

and

"display: Invalid JPEG file structure: two SOI markers"

errors. The later error prevent ImageMagick's display-command from
displaying the image (but not Eye of Gnome).

> If not then it should probably be looked into ...

Looked, looked, but where to start ? The bug could be anywhere from my
script to binascii module to the nntp module to the string.join -function.