Palm Address Book Archive

Paul Gross paul at grosss.net
Fri May 14 19:21:29 EDT 2004

Does anyone know of a python module or script which can read the Palm
Address Book Archives?  Using Palm Desktop, I can export my addresses to
a .aba file, but I can't find any code to use this file programmatically.

I know that Palm Desktop can also export to comma and tab delimited
files, but this isn't as good for a few reasons.  One, there's no way to
know what the custom fields are.  Two, this method is dependent on how
the data is exported (which columns are selected and in which order).

Thanks.
Paul