terminological obscurity

Michael Geary Mike at DeleteThis.Geary.com
Sat May 22 02:56:21 EDT 2004

David Eppstein wrote:
> It's not heterogeneity of type you're supposed to avoid, it's
> heterogeneity of purpose.  That is, you should be intending to
> treat each cell of the list similarly.

Of course, if you do have an application where it's useful to use a list of
heterogeneous types for heterogeneous purposes, no harm whatsoever will come
of it.

Guido may wish you didn't do that, but I have a feeling he's busy with other
things and isn't really that concerned about it. Besides, you don't have to
tell him.

-Mike