general Wiki format question and Python Wiki markup parsing libraries

Jarek Zgoda jzgoda at gazeta.usun.pl
Sun May 16 06:00:32 EDT 2004

chris <csad7 at yahoo.com> pisze:

> is there something like a "standard" wiki format at all, or at least one
> that is widely used?

Don't think so. I saw more than 10 "simplified markups", of which nearly
all was more complicated than original HTML. I wanted something like
this in my JPA, so I added possibility to use Mark Pilgrim's Python
implementation of Dean Allen's Textile (originally implemented in PHP,
Perl version also exists), but Textile is really "simplified", its
capabilities are rather limited. Go to http://diveintomark.org/ and
check if PyTextile will suit your needs.

--
Jarek Zgoda
http://jpa.berlios.de/