Best way to enumerate something in python

David Stockwell winexpert at hotmail.com
Wed May 26 08:38:29 EDT 2004

Hi Everyone,

I'm wondering about the best way to enumerate something.

I have a list of columnames for a db and I decided to put them in a giant
tuple list for two reasons:
   1) its unchangeable
   2) I was hoping that creating an enumeration of those names would be easy

In the os.stat there is aparrently a list of things you can refer to eg:
ST_SIZE, ST_ATIME, etc.

How are these defined?  They appear to be related to 0,1,2,3,....   some
sort of enumeration.

I would like to create an enumeration with 'friendly names' that map to the
particular offset in my column name tuple.

Thanks,

David
-------
Cell: http://cellphone.duneram.com/index.html