Prothon gets Major Facelift in Vers 0.1.0 [Prothon]

Mark Hahn mark at prothon.org
Tue May 25 15:55:41 EDT 2004

"Robin Becker" <robin at SPAMREMOVEjessikat.fsnet.co.uk> wrote

> In fact the python time for fib(35) was about 31.1 seconds (ie less than
> prothon for fib(25)) so something is spectacularly amiss with prothon.

Yes, and that something is that Prothon is pre-alpha and full of debug code.
Take a look at the interpreter loop in interp.c and the reason will be
obvious immediately.  We are not going to be addressing efficiency until
after the language is designed in July.

One step at a time...