Best way to enumerate something in python

David Stockwell winexpert at hotmail.com
Thu May 27 13:47:55 EDT 2004

Hi Roy,

I'm just trying to bring some order to the existing code base.  I've been
asked to write completely new code.  When I asked the previous developers
how they did it, they admitted its all hard coded currently.   So the
question I asked then was, what do you do when a column name or table name
changes?  I was told, they don't.   Basically if the names ever did change,
their code would break.

With my approach, since I am defining the table, I have all that placed in
one area and people can reference it.  Although i switched to the enumerate
example that was previously provided because it was much easier to do.

David
-------
Cell: http://cellphone.duneram.com/index.html
Cam: http://www.duneram.com/cam/index.html