ANN: kronos, a task scheduler

Irmen de Jong irmen at -NOSPAM-REMOVETHIS-xs4all.nl
Thu May 20 17:12:58 EDT 2004

Hello
I've written a task scheduler called "kronos".
This task scheduler is designed to be used from inside your own program.
(i.e. it is not a cron daemon replacement).
You can schedule Python functions to be called at specific intervals or
days. It uses the standard 'sched' module for the actual task scheduling,
but provides much more:
     - repeated tasks (at intervals, or on specific days)
     - error handling (exceptions in tasks don't kill the scheduler)
     - optional to run scheduler in its own thread or separate process
     - optional to run a task in its own thread or separate process

It is available from http://www.razorvine.net/download/kronos.py

Because it is the first version I'd like to request feedback from others!
Suggestions, bugs, improvements? Please let me know.

Your input is highly appreciated.

--Irmen de Jong