What I don't like about wxPython

Carl Banks imbosol at aerojockey.invalid
Sat May 8 21:10:44 EDT 2004

Peter Hansen wrote:
> j_mckitrick wrote:
>
>> Just thought I'd play devil's advocate...
>>
>> I tried wxPython briefly, and it had some nice features.
>>
>> It has a huge list of dependencies.
>
> 1. Python.
> 2. Windows.

The Unix version requires at least Python, gtk, and wxlib.  Gtk is
technically three libraries: gtk, gdk, and glib.  gdk depends on
libpng, probably also libjpeg.  The latest version has all kinds of
i18n dependencies.

Not that that isn't par for the course in Unix.

--
CARL BANKS                      http://www.aerojockey.com/software
"If you believe in yourself, drink your school, stay on drugs, and