Best way to put out a small package for public scrutiny and use?

SeeBelow at SeeBelow.Nut SeeBelow at SeeBelow.Nut
Mon May 31 15:13:02 EDT 2004

Kenneth McDonald wrote:

> I've created a small (and I believe, very useful) package to ease the
> creation and use of regular expressions. I'd like to make it available,
> (though the first release will be aimed mostly at finalizing
> functionality, not at being a polished project.) I don't want to use
> SourceForge, as I don't use CVS, and I'm not yet ready (if ever)
> to open up my home Subversion server to public access. If this
> was just a single file, I'd simply post it in this newsgroup to
> start with, but as it incorporates a couple of files, I need to post
> the directory somehow. Any thoughts as to the best way to make
> this package available?

You can release files on SourceForge without using CVS.  We do it all
the time.  You can just collect all the files into a .zip and then
upload it.  The public can then download the zip file.

I will help you with SF usage if you need help.

Mitchell Timin

--
"Many are stubborn in pursuit of the path they have chosen, few in
pursuit of the goal." - Friedrich Nietzsche

http://annevolve.sourceforge.net is what I'm into nowadays.
Humans may write to me at this address: zenguy at shaw dot ca