PERT for python

Duncan Smith buzzard at urubu.freeserve.co.uk
Wed May 19 12:25:51 EDT 2004

"Juan Antonio Domínguez Pérez" <dominpe at dominpe.com> wrote in message
news:c8fqsl$141$1 at news.ya.com...
> Duncan Smith wrote:
>
> > "Juan Antonio Domínguez Pérez" <dominpe at dominpe.com> wrote in message
> > news:c8fhi7$qp1$1 at news.ya.com...
> >
> >>Can anoyone let me know if there is a standar PERT algorithm
> >>implementation in python?
> >>
> >>Thanks in advance.
> >>
> >>--------------------------
> >>
> >>Juan Antonio Domínguez Pérez
> >>http://www.dominpe.com
> >

> > Not as far as I know, but I will be coding one up shortly.  I'll write
one
> > (probably today / tomorrow) if you promise to give me some feedback :-).
> >

> Of course. I need the algorithm to make an offline process, so isolate
> the PERT code from your application. I only need to date the tasks, and
> resolve the conflicts by a set of simple rules.
>
> Well, I'll wait for your code. And, of course, thanks in advance :D
>
> > Duncan

OK.  What I have in mind is fairly simple, and shouldn't take long; a
precedence diagram class and a node/activity class (is this where you tell
me PERT stands for something other than what I think it does :-)?).  I
suppose it could develop into something a bit more interesting (Monte Carlo,
not restricted to Beta distributions).  I guess by "conflicts" you're
referring to what I would call precedences?  BTW my e-mail address is
genuine, but I'll reply via my 'non-throwaway' address if you e-mail me.

Duncan