Is classless worth consideration

Hung Jung Lu hungjunglu at yahoo.com
Mon May 3 12:53:23 EDT 2004

has.temp2 at virgin.net (has) wrote in message news:<69cbbef2.0405030127.65aaa9b4 at posting.google.com>...
> hungjunglu at yahoo.com (Hung Jung Lu) wrote in message news:<8ef9bea6.0405020828.5eafbd5c at posting.google.com>...
>
> > When one has not even tried, and starts to make criticisms like
> > "unification means elimination, I will have to use my shoes to store
> > my soup", it brings nothing but regrets.
>
> ROTFLMAO! I shall frame and mount this line at once!

Before things get out of hand and be misunderstood again, I need to
make a clarification. I don't make fun at analogies. In fact, anyone
that comes up with analogies deserves commendation. Analogies are
factorization of different experiences, no different from code
factorization that we do in programming.

I was pointing out that unification does not mean elimination. In the
case example, pockets, shoes, food containers are all still there,
even after unification. You still put your soup in your food
container.

If people want to know about prototype-based, Self is probably a good
place to start.

http://research.sun.com/self/language.html

regards,

Hung Jung