Zero-fill shift

Daniel Orner cs993442 at cs.yorku.ca
Thu May 6 10:10:03 EDT 2004

> That's Wheeler and Needham's Tiny Encryption Algorithm (TEA).  You can
> just AND the intermediate results with 0xffffffff as needed, but
> unless you're trying to interoperate with some other program that
> uses that algorithm, you're better off using a different algorithm.
> There's plenty to choose from that are already implemented in Python
> or as Python extensions.

	Yes, that is what I'm trying to do (basically I have Java on one end
and Python on the other). The Java is running on a Palm device, so using
SSL isn't really prudent. This seems like probably the simplest way to
do it, so this little problem is really bugging me. ^^;

	I tried Scott's suggestion, but it's giving me totally different
results as well. -_-

--Daniel